"Every introvert alive knows the exquisite pleasure of stepping from the clamor of a party into the bathroom and closing the door."
1. Learn to be independent
2. Never chase anyone
3. Trust your gut
4. Relationships either end in heartbreak or marriage
5. Don’t give your trust to just anyone
6. If you don’t like something about yourself, change it. There’s always time to become the person you want to be
7. Nine times out of ten, people are out for themselves. It’s human nature.
8. Think about what you say before you say it, words are weapons
9. Never jump into anything before you are in the right state of mind, specifically relationships
10. Music is a very powerful thing
11. Write. Write until it doesn’t hurt anymore
12. Eat right. Your body will thank you for it in the long run
13. It’s okay to be selfish. Sometimes you have to put yourself in front of others
14. If you aren’t happy where you are, get up and leave. If you don’t have that option, work your ass off until you do
15. Never separate yourself from your family, they are the only ones who have been around through the bad and the good since day one
16. Everything is temporary
17. Never settle for anything less than you deserve
18. Patience is key
19. Try to learn something new everyday, educate yourself
20. Do things for yourself. Buy yourself flowers, exfoliate your skin, take bubble baths, cook yourself your favorite dinner
21. You are responsible for your happiness. Create happiness, spread happiness, learn to make the best of every situation
- 21 things I’ve learned in 21 years
"Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you."